The Milwaukee Penguins

The Milwaukee Penguins is the Division 1A collegiate football team for Milwaukee College. We're a school "known for its academics." This is a record of our accomplishments, on the field and off.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Recruiting, Part One

With the pundits measuring our Football program's prestige level at a paltry "1 star" (some Division II schools are higher than us), I have to do all I can to scout out the new talent. I've been spending the week on campus at Marquette University. There are some kids here that would look good in a Milwaukee College Penguins uniform.

I've also gone on an all-out media blitz, going so far as to stretch out of the cozy confines of the Midwest. That one well-placed sentence in The Boston Globe may have repercussions that could lead to more media coverage, snag that blue chip prospect, perhaps even garner some Bowl interest.

Who I am I kidding? We're light years away from that. I write as if we're on the verge.

But, really, as far as recruting - which is a year-round endeavor - I'm not worried too much. I have only five seniors graduating this year: Ross (QB #1), Gerber (FB #21), Nordstrom (LT #68), Wood (DE #96), and D. Leplae (CB #16). I'd like to give Nordstrom some playing time but she sometimes flat out refuses to get on the field. Oh well, I know some of the kids are in it for the scholarship and that's fine with me. That's the thing with college football, future middle managers routinely line up against future NFLers.